Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Enter LIFE, stage left.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

Yeah, that good. This week has been ...challenging. 


The plan this summer was:
1. Mommy does not work her usual summer gig: arts camps.
2. keep little ones home, which would do two things: save money, let them have mommy time
3. Have part time nanny, that way, mommy could still do "work" in the morning i.e. write and work on the play
4. Attend Revival (my favorite part of summer)
5. Save money for the Fringe.
6. Save money for the Fringe.
7. Did I remember to say save money for the Fringe.

So far what has happened, this summer:

1. Mommy does not work her summer gig: arts camps (Yay me! understand it is very hard for me to not be "working" in that way, it really is, I'm so used to doing it)

2. Keep the kids home, more mommy time, save money.  2pts! They definitely have more mommy time, I also feel like this by the end of the day:



3. Our wonderful babysitter, who is a part of the family, is our "part time nanny" because, well, nannies cost money, and I'm not rolling that deep yet. But she is wonderful and does all of the educational stuff (a la try-to-keep-them-on-a-preschool-type-schedule-thingy-because-they-need-intellectual-stimulation-constantly-type-of-deal. The only draw back is that she has to be picked up and dropped off...that's okay...mommy sucks it up gets up early. I do my best work in the morning. She's with the kids, I get to go to my beautiful library which is only two blocks or so away. I write, I'm not distracted by, "the floor needs to be mopped, and I have to plan dinner, and I need to wash clothes" and all of that. And I can sit in the quiet space and look out the pretty window and be an "artist" Ooo, I'm fancy...riiiiiggggghhhhttt.


Enter LIFE, stage left.

Nina:
What was number 4 again? (scrolls to the top of the page)

Life:
Hahahaa! Score!

Nina:
Oh, yes, attend Revival. Theme this year, "The Return of Power" Lord knows I need that.

Flashback to earlier last week:

Nina is driving and the car becomes demon possessed, begins locking and unlocking itself, beeping, something sounded like it popped, am I on the highway when this crap is happening? Why, yes, I am, of course I am, it would not be interesting if I were on a regular street, did the car begin to lose speed? Of course! Life is dramatic, especially MY LIFE, what do I do? I pray! Ding, ding, ding! Score for Nina. sticks tongue out at life! Take that! Hahaahahaha! Angels, do your thing, in the name of Jesus, I have covenant, and hey, we've been down this road before. Get me home, safely, without anyone else getting hurt. Amen. Car continues to lose speed as I exit the highway to take the street, settles to coasting at 35, excellent, keep up the good work Angels, I am eternally gratefully, really, I don't need another car accident. For real, the creek was enough (another post, for another day)...Car stops fully right at the intersection, exactly two blocks from the house, I almost feel their wings as they take off. Thanks again, waves...people away from the stopped car as she talks to her personal superhero, Jonathan on the phone. What's that you say? Triple A is on the way? Awesome! in a perfect impersonation of her 10 year old 


Enter two huge Fireman, from nowhere


Fireman guy 1:
Ma'am we're going to push your vehicle into that little parking lot.

Fireman guy 2:
Yes, that way you will be safe.

Me:
Thanks!

Turns key in ignition, car laughs at her, but it does give just enough to put car in neutral. They push, I steer, in lot. Great, thanks guys! Hey, where'd they go? Hmmmm....Okay, walking home, guess I'll get my workout for today. Oh crap! How is nanny going to get to work? How am I going to get oldest to camp? How am I going to get to the workshop that I agreed to teach on Friday even though I'm not supposed to be working on anything but the Fringe? Crap, crap, crap!

Life:
BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Nina:
looks Life square in the face, sticks out her tongue, pulls out her secret weapon, the iPhone! Calls and texts as she walking at speeds never seen before!


Erin, I need you to pick me up for the workshop on Friday, my car died, great, thanks
Kevona, we're going to walk 10-yr-old to camp today, car died, I'm walking home, now, no it's not too much walking, its getting me ready for my New York blocks. (take that! Ha!)
Kaitlin, I need your mom to bring you, and pick you up, is that okay? Great! See you Friday!

Looks at life...Now what?

Life:
with a smirk, and a singsong voice...forgot about Revival...

Nina stares, gets a twinkle in her eye...speaks aloud.


Me:
Okay, God, we got to get to revival, I need you to help us out. sticks tongue at Life. Receives a text from one her best friends "I have the van back, I'll take y'all to revival" Mwahahahahhaa! Score for Nina. dances around. Now what? HA!

To be continued...because, I have to go cook breakfast...

No comments:

Post a Comment