Sunday, October 2, 2011

'What a to-do, "to do" today at a minute or two till two...

T-T-D (always)


pray
make ttd list
coffee
breakfast for kids
lunch for hubby
plan dinner, make sure to defrost whatever
make sure baby's cloth pull ups are washed and dried thoroughly
make sure oldest has a snack & lunch $
pack brief case/bag for the 5 diff places I'm going today
$$ for parking
$$ for gas
get everyone dressed
see oldest off to bus
get younger too fed and in car

breathe...pray again

drop off
take 4 calls on way to first gig
do first gig
second gig
third gig
lunch...not what I wanted...what did I want? Oh yeah, something healthier than what I ate
how did I get caught in a world of turkey sandwiches on wheat bread?? there has to be something more exciting...

have a vision of greatness, write it down, be inspired
oh crap, almost late for meeting, walk in just in time,
everyone else is late, so I feel accomplished, then ashamed that I feel
accomplished because they are late, because this time last year, I would have been 15 minutes late
...breathe, calm down, it really is okay, you have gotten the time thing almost under control

PAY ATTENTION! you're in a meeting. Right, being the glamorous actor that I am...
I need something green...no Nina, a sour apple blow pop does not count.
I don't even really want that anyway...
How did I wind up in the car? Auto pilot...whose calling...I do not have the energy for that conversation right now...sigh

pray again....

breathe

Got another idea...call my cousin, discuss idea, call sister, discuss motherhood and call hubby discuss married life and ideas...call bff, laugh and giggle and, yeah we better get to the gig and sure, call you later and and and....

what am I really going through? the day is half over and the second half seems so big...and I need a BREAK and I'll check my facebook on my nifty phone and HEY! I got the part! YES! and back to reality...(what song was that...1980s...OH YEAH, this one...)


pick up little ones
listen to their day
meet oldest one
check her homework and yes, you can play with friend across the street, in the backyard
so all of the boogie-men who ride up and down the street looking for little girls won't see you

and wow, I remembered to defrost the thing we're gonna eat! Gold star for me! Kids do something incredibly cute that makes life worth living...

hubby gets home (everyone cheers!) Kisses me passionately, (he really does, not making it up) looks at me like he is the luckiest man alive and he is going to sop me up with a biscuit, yeah, still southern after all this time...eat dinner, enjoy company, watch something silly before bed

remember that vision
dream...
dream
dream
give thanks
give thanks
give thanks

repeat.

2 comments:

  1. Breathe - pray - dream are the resounding words for me in this reality, which to an extent is the reality of many in some form or another. I've learned through trial and error how to make this very big "thing" we do as artists count while balancing time with family. I still am not certain on the best method of 'balancing' but I have found a method that works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaa yes, I have been away from the blog too long...part of the "balancing act" I will begin writing again soon my friend. That I promise. Your replies inspire me to do so :)

      Delete