Sunday, August 14, 2011

FringeNYC days 1&2

Well, well, well, my, my, my...

Sorry, its Sunday, still in church mode. Anyway, here is a brief recap of days 1 & 2 of performances.

opening night... I almost skipped one of the MOST important scenes in the play!!! Okay, so you know that moment in the movies when they show the slow motion run and someone screaming, "nooooooo!" yeah, that's what happened in my head. I recovered and my stage manager assures me that no one knew, except me and the way I managed to recover the scene added an interesting twist, so, no harm, no foul.

The audience was very loving and so connected with me; it was one of those magical nights of being with the audience beat for beat.

Day 2 was better from my end, I didn't almost skip a scene, lol, I got there a little extra early just to settle myself in the space. And the audience SIZE was not good. But the audience ENERGY was amazing, it was only 5 or 6 people, which I was honestly bummed about--I mean who wants to perform to an almost empty house?


But then I remembered, hey there are like 194 shows in the Fringe, and Broadway, and and and ... folks don't know me...YET.

One of the five or six was a critic for nytheatre.com. He went up to my director as I was changing and said, I did hear him, just didn't know who he was, but I heard him say, "She is amazing..." and he said some other stuff I didn't hear. So hopefully, I'll have this amazing review to share in a day or two :).

In the meantime, I'll keep busking outside of other Fringe shows and in the little shops and at Fringe Central, and pounding pavement to get butts in seats! I'm having a blast, and my biggest fan arrives tomorrow, so, it only goes uphill from here. Jonathan is thee best audience member in the world. Seriously, people often say they will pay to have him in the audience. So, I am looking forward to that. :)























No comments:

Post a Comment