Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Deepest

Yeah. So I have said before that I like Meisner technique because you can access your emotional well without having to go to your deepest darkest stuff. But what happens when the material is about your deepest darkest place?

Well, I hit that wall today. There are those moments that are wonderful and brilliant. And there are the moments that are very difficult for me personally-suddenly, in a way they weren't the last time I did the show or even yesterday. There are those moments when I feel victorious and and and...

And I have a brilliant director who knows how to take me to the hard place=the place where I leave off being self-indulgent and become a servant. It becomes about the audience. And as long as the moment isn't about me and its about the audience learning this information and changing, growing, or taking action because of it.

Service; the deepest. 







No comments:

Post a Comment